1. Service data. Service data is the data you need to give to a social networking site in order to use it. It might include your legal name, your age, and your credit card number.Jag anser att data i den femte kategorin är mest känslig, men även data i kategorierna 2 till 4 är känslig om datan aggregeras och analyseras. Se t.ex. applikationen Friends wheel på Facebook. Din vänskapskrets kan röja ganska känslig information om dig.
2. Disclosed data. This is what you post on your own pages: blog entries, photographs, messages, comments, and so on.
3. Entrusted data. This is what you post on other people's pages. It's basically the same stuff as disclosed data, but the difference is that you don't have control over the data -- someone else does.
4. Incidental data. Incidental data is data the other people post about you. Again, it's basically same same stuff as disclosed data, but the difference is that 1) you don't have control over it, and 2) you didn't create it in the first place.
5. Behavioral data. This is data that the site collects about your habits by recording what you do and who you do it with.